Tuesday 12 November 2013

PINKTOBER


There still is nothing cooler than seeing an idea come to fruition. To see something go from a whiteboard to actual production. October was one of my favorite months this year having seen me achieve all that I had longed and planned for. My ambitions and expectations did not wither in the bud, they flourished, blossomed, saw the light of day. 

If I was obscenely pushy last month, that is what drive is-wanting the impossible, wanting it all, never knuckling under to an obstacle, pushing till you get what you want. I wanted to battle cancer. If I ever become somebody who stops fighting, I will be finished. Let us not be sentimental about this. That is what reaching the top and staying there means, in all aspects of life. If one for a moment, is tempted to think, Poor Akoth, so insecure, so driven, so unhappy, do not bother. Be glad for me. Thank God I am driven. Being driven is my energy source. It is my fun. I have always liked a good fight-your adrenaline is going and you are in there sparring and punching, especially if you have right on your side and you are thinking, I am going to win this. I believe that where there is action, there is movement, and those ripples will eventually produce something positive. If my life ever  becomes steady and even, I will go crazy with boredom, become fat. Lets just say I am addicted to action.



No comments:

Post a Comment