Thursday 21 April 2011

DESIRE AND FULFILMENT


,I’ve been in the salon the whole morning and I’m having a splitting headache. I can’t laugh, can’t smile…ouch!! *pain*.  My scalp is taut and any sense of humor is just not welcome. All my funny friends are not exactly loved right now!! Just in case you’re wondering, Alizo has real natural African hair-thick, kinky, dark (cool), tough, and just not growing at the pace she’ll marvel at!!mmph! And this is in my prayer timetable-stop smiling-because if all it takes is divine intervention for this hair to grow, then why not!! Enough of my teenage tantrums.
Now here’s my conclusion: the greater the capacity for beauty, the greater the sensitivity to pain. You couldn’t have put it any better yourself, could you? But today I want to look at it from a success point of view and so allow me to say “the greater the capacity for success the greater the sensitivity to pain.” There’s a huge difference between desire and fulfillment. Desire is more of ambition if am not wrong while fulfillment is the actual achievement of our set ambitions. Perfect epitome of teenage deepness!!!Hehehe..
Sometimes I tend to desire more than I can achieve-perspective. The sad news is that I’m not alone in this. Get me right, am not asking you to be under ambitious. Over ambition may be dangerous but small dreams also don’t take us anywhere. Just make sure you don’t break your neck and those of other people as you race to the top. But all it takes is self knowledge for one to be able to balance your ambition and your gifts and talents.
Desire is sweet, fulfillment is bitter. A fruit that looks enticing and sweet on a tree may not be as sweet as it seems. What I mean is this: nothing comes easy. My elder brother (Omondi Otieno) in his royal rightness tells me safety lies only in mediocrity. But I never settle for average stuff. If you want to be the best (winner) in your field, then you better be prepared for storms and cataracts as your life flows. So as long as you yearn for success, safety is never an option. The safer you are, the higher your chances of failure…this is open to negation.
I’m now prettier, fresher and more presentable thanks to the pain I was able to face and endure. Actually, I went to the salon after loads of contemplation and going back there for a new hairdo is not one of the things I look forward to. I might go for a manicure check or a pedicure double check…but for the sake of my image, I have no otherwise. Plus I think I just love me too much to do nothing about me. I desire to look well groomed and fulfilling this ain’t easy.  No, am going to shave!!!Ok, wait, am I just about to give up on my hair? Now, do me favor: I’ve yourself a fabulous day! Remember not to wish more than you can achieve. Lol!!
BLESSED EASTER TOU YOU!!!

1 comment: