Monday 25 April 2011

MY IDEAL MAN

Marriage was meant to be enjoyed, not endured. It was meant to be fun, not hard work. If you find yourself working too hard to impress, then it’s high time you redefined your social standards. I know of people who never realized they were with the wrong partner until it was too late. By too late I mean they had gotten into marriage and borne kids and all they had left was tolerance for each other. At this point you can never be too choosy because of the limited options. You seriously don’t want to find yourself in a similar situation, do you? Then it’s time you knew who you want in your life and why. Either way, you must learn to tolerate others. Love is not about looking for a perfect person but loving the imperfect perfectly. If you are looking for a perfect person, when you get there you’ll mess their whole lives with your imperfection!!!!
This post is long due. I should have posted it on Saturday but better late than never. I wasn’t too lazy to compose this. I was in one of my many energy saving modes. After being offline for a whole week and this was because I needed to put my life back on track, I decided to call Rajab Raj Idris, my closest boyfriend, really? There could be more to our friendship but I think it’s still too early for us to play our cards...*wink*pssst… I have a thing for innocently charming men like him; Men with an acute sense of humor, rare intelligence, responsible, God-fearing and affectionate. Men who don’t just nod to every order I bark. Men who are ready to take care of me even though doing it myself wouldn’t be a task. Men who can stomach my intelligence without feeling threatened. You’re allowed to hit me back to my senses when I fall head over heels in love. Hehehe…but at least until now am still intact-head over ears in love!!
 By the way, if there’s one thing I’m proud of it’s my heart. It’s been crashed, insulted and broken into by undeserving people but somehow it still has the strength and fortitude to function and see me through a rough day. It’s been lied to and cheated on but somehow it still allows me to gather self pride enough to make me hold my head high in defiance. It’s been torched but somehow it still gives me the faith and hope to gather my ashes and move on. It has survived all the pain, sorrows and tortures of my time. My heart doesn’t deserve all this and were it not for the dishonesty and irresponsibility of my generation, it would have been enjoying its existence. What more could be worth my pride? Tell me.
The world would have been a much better place if everyone learnt to be honest from the word go.  There would be less hurts, less pain, less tears, no frustrations, you name them! It would have been the best place to be if everyone embraced responsibility as a virtue. When I called Raj on Saturday, there’s something notable he told me and I quote “Alizo, do me a favor. Never expect too much from life and its people.” The weight of the statement didn’t exactly sink in till later that night when I got the time to reflect on the events of the day. It later struck me that about the only reason why I get disappointed severally is because I always expect everyone to live up to my standards. I’m too demanding-responsibility wise.
Back to my ideal man. What I’m looking for is not perfection but authenticity. I’m after someone who’s real; genuine. But he better not be predictable!! Life will be boring if I know how you’ll react to every surprise I stage. My man should be able to think on his toes. I don’t do ‘yes-men’ or negative ‘can’t-do-it’ people. Life is too short to let stupid cynics ruin it for me. I want a man who will face me and say, “Alizo, you’re making all the wrong decisions and I’m not exactly proud of you” whenever I make the bad choices. Yes, someone who will hold my hand and show me the way when I lose track. Is this too much to ask? If “no wonder you’ll never get married” is what you have in mind, don’t worry, I’m off to the convent.
Have yourself a thoughtful day, won’t you?

No comments:

Post a Comment