Friday 22 April 2011

DISRESPECT FOR HUMAN LIFE!!

Dear Gadhafi,
This may be the time to say one or two things to you who is responsible for my present condition as a Libyan citizen. You may succeed in silencing me and the rest of us innocent Libyans but the silence comes at a price. You have shown yourself to be as barbaric and ruthless as your most hostile critics have claimed. You have shown yourself to have no respect for life, liberty or any civilized value.
You have shown yourself to be unworthy of your office, to be unworthy of the trust of civilized men and women. You may succeed in silencing one man but the howl of protest from around the world will reverberate, Mr. Ghaddafi, in your ears for the rest of your life. May God forgive you for what you have done, not only to me, but to beloved Libya and its people.
Yours,
Alizo

One of my really close friends-Raj Perks- happens to be a Libyan citizen. We’ve been through a lot together since the uprising in his country began. He’s lost both parents and is currently living with his godfather in Egypt. Raj is never the kind to stay down for long but this time round the weight of the world has pushed him to the wall. These are the times you look at God and question His love for you. In the end he proves to be what he’s always been-FAITHFUL!

You know God brings some guys to our lives just so we obtain the fruits of the spirit. Many at times they are the total opposite of the fruits we need. And Ghaddafi just happens to be one of them. He was brought my way so I could learn peace, patience, love and self-control. Wait. Why am I trying too hard to be positive??SCRREEEEEEEW YOOOU GADHAFI!!!!!!!nkt!!mph!!Ok, why am I allowing him access to my hormonal balance??? It beats me!!

Raj, if you are reading this, I love you more than ever before. You’ve taught me strength. You’ve taught me the love for life and appreciation for the small miracles in our lives-family and friends. These seemingly little gifts mean much. Yeah, you brought to my knowledge the fact that faith doesn’t necessarily change our circumstances but it gives us the fortitude and strength to hang in there knowing God will fix it for us. Faith shouldn’t be some sporadic bursts.

And to whoever is reading this and has, at any point in their lives, been a victim of such Libyan situation, just hang in there. Saying I understand what you’re going through would be a fat lie but am praying for you. Now is not the time to give up on your case. There are never hopeless situations, just hopeless attitudes. Keep your hate for wrong and love for life burning. Peace up.                          

HAVE THE LOVELIEST EASTER EVER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment