Thursday 28 April 2011

HOPE

Hope from Nowhere
by Joel S. Andrada Jr.


I’ve understood nothing
except the murdered height of mountains peak,
the heat of the sun at twelve,
the memories of yesterday,
the action of my sins.
I wait for floating clouds to stop moving,
for my mind, heart, skin
teeth and soul are longing;
and the air smells of rotten leaves
and the shadows around me rises.
When will this end?

This was a poem written by one of my favorite poets and close friend. It’s my favorite in his collection. You know hope is all there is to life. A normal human being can take 40 days without food, 8 minutes without air but not a second without hope. Hope is drawn from faith. And without faith life is meaningless.

Jana I was having a conversation with 2 of my atheist friends. I was just curious to know from what perspective they view God. “He is the most ignorant thing I know. In fact I respect our roman gods more. The roman gods never promised us a thing. They never told us they loved or cared for us coz it’s true they didn’t! But here is a God who promises honey and milk when all I go through every other day is pain and frustration. He tells me he cares when he can’t show up when I need him most. He tells me he loves me when he can’t hold my hand to see me through my losses and hurts. If he is so omnipotent, what’s so hard about preventing all these from the start?”One of them said.

This was one guy who’s been through a lot and if you think the tough times you’ve had in your time are humongous, my dear, there are people who’ve been through worse. This friend of mine lost his faith but not hope. His trust in God dwindled but funny how he still believes there’s hope at the end of the tunnel. Hope is what gives us the fortitude to hang in there knowing our loving God will fix stuff for us. It gives us the strength to brave our way through tough storms knowing there’s a brighter tomorrow. Yes, it gives you the strength to rise up from your ashes, claim your dignity, hold your head high in defiance and move on with your life.

Tough times never last, tough people do. Where you are now is not the issue, it’s where you want to go. And trust me; hope coupled with faith can take you there. Now, have a hope filled day, won’t you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment